View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 23:18   Link #3547
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
The only companion mod I absolutely have to recommend is Companion Vijia. She is actually with full voice (a neat Swedish girl accent) and over 4000 lines (For example, she would nag you if you join the thieves guild, or ask you to do a particular quest) the sheer amount of function she has make you feel like is a live girl rather than a mod. She also come with her own quest, possibility of romance, etc. The whole thing is actually written by Terry Patchett, quite a famous fantasy author.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26393
She is very extensive, though I'll warn people you really get the feeling she's manipulating you frequently (e.g. wink, smile, wiggle, "won't you be a dear and collect bleebles for me?").

I found the mod both impressive and the character eventually got on my nerves - very realistic. From a construction standpoint, I think my only complaint was that the voice actor read her lines rather slowly for my taste. In her defense, she was trying to stay in accent and I have the same complaint about a few 'professional' voice actors in the game.

So ... consider this a twisted recommendation. She drove *me* nuts in a kill her dead way but she's extremely popular and her greatgrandmother was a big mod hit in Oblivion as well.