View Single Post
Old 2006-07-09, 10:06   Link #86
aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Just to be brief on this offtopic: Contrary to your belief, anime fansubs aren't there to promote Japanese culture, but they're trying to promote anime; they may be subsequently promoting Japanese culture and lifestyle. J-doramas and Japanese TV are completely different media materials than anime, thus they have their own fans. If you started with anime and ended watching j-doramas, well, that's your problem and certainly not of anime fansubbers.
More brief and offtopic: I never said that was my belief, I just posed hypothetical questions. If fansubs are there to promote anime, what exactly is anime other than its unique animation? If someone ultra-compresses an anime episode, doesn't that just take away the essence of anime, its animation?

To pose another question to dialups:
Do you have a computer that can handle h264?
If so, given the choice would you download the h264 or XviD version (h264 being larger but better quality)?

And all this talk about RMVB is only about its ultra-compression. How about someone try encoding a full-size anime episode since Real's website says "Same quality at 15% lower bitrate than H.264"?
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote