View Single Post
Old 2008-08-23, 05:20   Link #23
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I was thinking that the movie could just focus on the actually tournament, and keep the interaction from characters back stage along with people watching the matches on the slide lines. Then you can end with
Spoiler for Manga:
But even saying that, i can still see how it would be tricky to animate should a story for just a movie.
It's not just tricky, even if you remove all the background interaction, you'd still be stuck with a lot of screentime to fill. Not to mention that a lot of the fights are dependant on the background of the characters, without explaining them there is no real attachments to many of the fights.

Also, there is no way any director worth their salt will use such a plot-filled manga to make a movie with only fights. Sure, some of us would find that cool, but from a directors point of view that's one of the biggest no-no's in the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'd love more then anything to see the whole festival arc animated, and that's whati hope would be chosen if a third season is to be made. Even if that means going back in time before these OVA's.
I'd love the see the whole manga animated with this OVA aproach. It's probably just wishfull thinking, but seeing how the style of animation is quite simple, and the small catchup before the OVA began, it almost looked as if this was one episode of a series.