View Single Post
Old 2012-01-10, 07:36   Link #41
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Shirou is still adopted by Kiritsugu in this world. I don't think they give a time for him to be adopted.
10 years ago, just like in FSN. At least, according to Ilya when she explains it to Ruby.

Quote:
That points, oddly, to her being Illya. Aside from the same birthday, Illya in Fate/Stay Night...Shirou is adapted and becomes her brother. She goes overseas to live in Europe. Her father dies. She comes back to Japan. It was just the three of them since Irisviel was dead by then.
FSN Ilya never left the Castle prior to the grail war, so it negates the similarity there.

Quote:
Illya was with the Einzberns and I guess would have had issues with Shirou for taking daddy away.
She actually hated both of them. Shirou only by extension, but she believed (through brainwashing and half-truths) that Kiritsugu betrayed her family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I thought that was a subtle jab that the Tohsaka paternal grandmother might have been an Edelfelt even in an AU?
Great-grandmother maybe, and I assumed that was still the case, but I don't know if that was the intended jab since it was more about her Japanese side than her non-Japanese side.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote