Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 18:45   Link #7862
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
When I was still playing it'd be Mutalisks, and later Brood Lords with your average terran army of bio and some tanks. Add in some infestors for stupidity. Brood Lords are retardedly OP so any thing terran has that can shoot down air units and provide a meatshield is fine (ie viking/tank)

There is no way both players can defend both their mineral lines from mutas and launch a proper offense against you.

Also, from what I've noted, queens got +2 range in the past year, so they are like no early timing window weakness that Terran can use against Zerg? How do you beat that? Why was I stupid enough to main Terran anyways?

Just a small note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Except we're talking about Starcraft 2 which has different mechanics from Brood War (Notably the armor types which significantly reduces the Goliath's effectiveness against mutas).

Goliaths were also suppose to combat heavy air units anyways and the Viking supports that role.
Goliaths also suffered an attack penalty in BW vs mutalisks (only 50%), and actually weren't particularly cost effective against mutas once numbers got big enough and the gluve wurm hit everywhere. However, they are niche in deterring early mutalisk harass due to them being a bit durable for their cost. You can't pick off goliaths in BW as easily as you can marines. Compare this to the thor which can drag its sorry ass to the mineral line AFTER mining's been halted for a few years so you can cry over throwing away early game resources (which are more valuable) on a factory (with armory) that could have been more useful doing, oh I don't know, floating in the corner on the map so your enemy wastes 5 more minutes trying to eliminate you from the game after the Zerg laughs their off pissing over your base with fungal growths (Has this changed yet?)

In addition, BW's missile turrets were incredibly cheap. They died fast but bought excellent amounts of time.

The viking doesn't really provide this, since it's expensive and you simply can't get enough out to do anything meaningful against an earlier mutalisk harass.

Sometimes it's very situational. En masse, goliaths weren't very hot, but a player that knew to build just the right amount benefited greatly. As an added bonus, mech play in sc1 shat on lurkers and quick hive which were popular to cheese a win out of you.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-09-09 at 20:03.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote