View Single Post
Old 2009-05-27, 21:38   Link #113
justavisitor

@4Tran

I cannot quite agree with your view..yes I understand that at that time many communist countries were about to crumble, but anytime it's just wrong to use tanks and soldiers from other provinces to slaughter your own citizens...

And after 1989, yes the economic was booming afterward, but the freedom was not increasing at all, and in fact, ppl actually enjoyed less freedom then before. Take the china's major earthquake last year as an example, many many schools were collapsed because they were illegally built (like the building was not as strong as it should have been)...families of victims cannot make their cases heard in central china government, because local government blocked their path to the capital...local government beat those ppl up, locked them up somewhere else so they would not be able to present their cases to higher level. And when someone found out the proof that those buildings were not properly built, that guy got arrested for "stealing country's top level secret"

Now would those ridiculous acts from local government behave the same way before 1989...I don't know...but what I know is, if central government allows more ppl to come out and say no to those corrupted businessmen and government's officials, then no one would dare to those things I described in above so explicitly. Unfortunately, this is exactly what the central government from china has been oppressing since 1989...I give out more cash, bring out more propaganda of twisted patriotism, so I will not be overthrown...

If ppl accepted that proposal, sure their quality of life may become a little bit better, but you never know when you will provoke the corrupted government and businessmen, and they can take away your property, even your life in any given day. As a citizen, it's his right to ask for both economic stability and freedom at the same time. The government simply cannot use economic stability to exchange for freedom from citizens.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote