View Single Post
Old 2009-06-04, 15:51   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
First up, never use VLC to play subtitled videos because it will malfunction or do crazy stuff with the subtitles since it doesn't have very good support for ASS subtitles.

Second, try to run Insurgent from the CCCP website and paste the log here. The messed up playback may indicate that some codec might be conflicting with another.

You may also want to do a clean install of the video drivers, meaning completely uninstalling your video drivers and reinstalling them. Upgrading the video drivers over the ones that are installed can cause more harm than good. If that doesn't help, use a media player that are independent from DirectMedia like mplayer.
I don't think making a log would do any good now D: the problem is solved but I was wondering about the cause
I don't have any extra codecs installed I had installed Real Player Alternative because I had some rmvb formatted movies (guess I'll convert those), when I uninstalled Alternative and rebooted it worked again.
And even though VLC may suck with .ASS files I don't use it to play those kind of things, I only use it when something doesn't seem to be playing properly so I can check the file to see if it is actually the file or something else, WMP works great for me D: for any format (except rmvb of course)