View Single Post
Old 2009-07-14, 20:22   Link #151
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Besides, the reason why I would suggest Sasaki being put into the position of evaluating what to do to restore equilibrium, when this lover of normalcy is in a pinch by the weirdos ruining tranquility as Sasaki is forced to sit right beside Tachibana and co., as the trio do their thing. Minimizing potential havoc would be something that this firm believer of non-intervention would be pitted to do.
See, Sasaki strikes me as dangerous. Haruhi is built off of archetypes, and Sasaki has a hell of a lot of repressed emotions. Characters with repressed emotions are NEVER stable people.

Exactly what do you think she'd do if, in Vol. 10 Beta, she managed to gain the powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Of course, I do confess that my observations regarding Kyon's feelings towards Haruhi may be bias, given I'm routing for a Kyon/Yuki pairing in the end.
See, here's your problem. *grumble*goddamn Yuki shippers*grumble*

Seriously though, read between the lines more.

Kyon sticks around Haruhi because he's concerned about her and her well-being. He's also a tsundere. Read his narration with that idea in mind, and you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
It's pretty obvious Kyon carries some sort of flame for Haruhi, but Sasaki is muddier than any previous relationship shown.
Kyon's flashback dream suggests that he was at the least physically attracted to her (and, of course, she laughs at him when he says this).

In LOVER, he mentions that he thinks about her "every few days or so"... and Vol. 9 reveals that he's never contacted her once since middle school.

I'd think that Kyon was really into her, but due to her personality it never went anywhere. He didn't contact her because he was rather bitter about it.

Also, notice that she and Haruhi are similar appearance-wise.

Just another half-CRACK theory from me.