View Single Post
Old 2009-12-30, 17:49   Link #469
Zetsubo
著述遮断

This is related to medaka box but just came to mind...

You know one of the things I have learned since reading manga and anime... is that Authors need to know when to quit despite the fans.

Every story has a head and a tail.

Japanese authors seem to be terrible at it... Fans seem to be greedy.

Publishing houses seem to want to wring every drop out of a story and a character and the whole thing last longer than it ought to.

Naruto and Bleach. They were good but should have ended long ago with NEW ideas broght to the front.

This is why I respect the CLAMP girls.

The reuse characters... in new ways... but end a story... when it is time to end it.

This is what I think Nisio has learnt from them.

I retrospect... by keeping Hitagi out of the Monogatari line leaves him free to bring her back to life in a new work.

For example, A light novel story/series about oddity fighting college students living together (the high school thing is really tiring) and getting through it all to graduation.

Arguments between Hitagi and Shinobu should be fun.

Hitagi : I told you to call me Okasan you blood sucking brat !
Shinobu: Shut up or I'll drain you. Then Koyomi will be all mine.

Hitagi : I wonder if I put too much garlic in Araragi kun's dinner, come here, taste this for me.
Shinobu: Agghhh, get away from me !

Hitagi : But, if you do away with me, I at least want to make sure you know how to cook well for Araragi kun and knows the tastes he likes.
Shinobu : Stay away !!!
*Hitagi chases Shinobu around apartment with bowl and spoon*

Shinobu : Araragi kun ! get thy crab off meee !!!
Hitagi : Ara, Koyomi-sama is not able to hear you now. He is fast asleep. I made sure I did some draining of my own to him last night. He hasn't any energy left. But I made sure to send him to a paradaise. See the smile on his face.

Shinobu : You Succubus !
Hitagi : Ah, so. We are family Shinobu-chan !

*Koyomi in sleep mode wrapped head to toe in futton with dirty perverted smile on his face... drool included.*

Last edited by Zetsubo; 2009-12-30 at 18:49.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote