View Single Post
Old 2010-01-13, 02:16   Link #6
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Apparently there are many people who don't like Ange. I found more people not liking her after the anime came out, before then it seemed as if everybody and their grandmom loved Ange. ^^;
I'm actually the opposite. I found her bland and Mary Sueish (not in her actions, but in her whole woe-is-me backstory and draaaaaaaaaaaaagging the beginning of EP4) in the VN, but the Anime actually made me like her more. Combination of her voice and trimming down those flashbacks and 1998 scenes, I think (the only parts of EP4 I think the Anime handled well). Her entrance in episode 18 was enough to give her like 20+ coolness points for me, actually XD

Still, she's not really up there in my list of favorites. I tend not to pity characters and their situations when I feel like the 'pity me' card is being shoved down my throat...but I can appreciate some of the cool stuff she did, and particularly her sacrifice that the Anime butchered. She knew it wouldn't be able to save her, the Ange of 1998, but she did it anyways, and that deserves credit in my opinion. Overall, though, even if she's not traditionally 'emo', her emotionless personality and general blandness doesn't put her on track as one of my favorites...but I don't hate her, either.

For what it's worth, I also feel like she was one of the best and most consistently well-animated characters in the series. I'm not sure why that is, but I can only really remember one QUALITY Ange scene (where her chest was bigger than her head). For the most part she seemed to be animated well, and I like her Anime design a lot more than her VN one (though I feel that way about most characters, she stands out in particular).