View Single Post
Old 2011-06-16, 10:58   Link #55
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
I doubt it's either. I have the same issue, even when it comes to older games that I once enjoyed and played like crazy.

Very true. These days, playing a game (or watching a movie, or going through several anime/tv show episodes) means dropping several hours at a time into something with no long-term benefit. I don't have several hours to spare anymore. There are friends that need attention (something that wasn't an issue when I went to school with them), exercise that needs to be done (working in front of a computer for 8 hours a day is a sure way to get fat), and personal projects that need work (writing, programming, practicing piano, etc.)

People characterize gamers and anime fans have people with no life, but on some level, it's true: it really is impossible to be well-rounded in your interests if you're really serious about either.
Programming or working out while watching anime is a pretty chill way to get through those series you want to finish.

You probably won't get the most out of it, and it'll slow down whatever else you're doing, but hey. Works for me