View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 18:38   Link #613
Arya

Excellent. Again, I'm still amazed by how basically this episode (and the previous one) was staged in a single place and the characters actually never moved from their spots Even the magic factor, except for the "backgrounds", has been evoked and not actually showed. Still I could feel it. (even if I would have liked Yoshino explanation more).
And I didn't use "staged" by chance. This is a theatrical performance disguised as an anime. Or the thing that comes closest to it.
Samon going overboard in his playing is a clear sign of it He is a mage, why didn't he use brute force to bring the talisman? Ok, because it's risky, but I like to think that it is even because it would have been out of place in that "stage". Not to mention the hilarity of the situation
And I liked that even if Yoshino took the scene, each character got his time and his "role". I mean, I would have expected to see a Mashiro less aware of what was happening (sorry Mashiro), instead he got everything

Anyways, after having said that, now it's time to move on ... come onnn, I'm curious!!

On a small side note, why has Yoshino decided that Hakase's side is the right one? Nothing was told about which side is right yet. So shooting the talisman would have been a bit risky, wouldn't it?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote