View Single Post
Old 2009-06-10, 19:10   Link #77
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Just to give you an example - in CLANNAD Kyou and Tomoyo beat up Sunohara on a regular basis, and yet they are received very well, while Sunohara is targeted as a wuss. You won't find a single post here labeling any of those girls as a violent bitch, but you'll find plenty saying the guy is weak and a wuss.
My first impression of Kyou, when she storms into the room yelling and throwing a book, for absolutely no good reason, was "Damn, what an irrational bitch!" It took a long time for her to win any degree of favor in my eyes.

Sunohara a wuss? LOL. He may be dense, but he's assertive and aggressive most of the time. Just because he doesn't know when to give up, doesn't make him a wuss. And there's After Story... taking on the soccer team to defend his little sister's honor... hello? Using Sunohara as an example for wimpy male = fail.

Beautiful babes who kick ass is part of the fantasy element in many stories. It's a contradiction to reality that makes for good amusement and entertainment. Having a fall guy who gets beat up by the beautiful babes is par for the course in romantic comedy and should never be taken too seriously.