View Single Post
Old 2012-07-12, 00:57   Link #63
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Hah. It'd be nice if mankind can produce something like that.

but wow. I didn't know the Type-94 is the first 3rd generation TSF in the world...

As for America, I like how they managed to keep being on the lead when it comes to TSF development and not Japan. It's unfortunate that the latter beat them in creating the first 3rd gen TSF, but at least the Black Widow and Raptors turned out better in the end. lol.

Still, the Type-0 is still the number one in my book when it comes to design. <3
Well, Japan may have had a leg up in design, but the Americans beat them in terms of relative awesome but practical - the wiki notes that the Shiranui is a fickle machine and really needs a skilled pilot to work.

Also, the Americans had the advantage of seeing what works and what doesn't work. American doctrine, IMO, is less about right and wrong and honor, and leans a bit more to doing what has to be done.

Also, something that bugged me about the Fall of Kyoto is that i don't recall seeing any F-15s around - where the hell were the Type-89 Kagerous that the IJA bought years ago?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote