View Single Post
Old 2006-04-07, 20:00   Link #65
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn
I watch both Naruto and Bleach, and was always interested in One Piece.

Why have I never watched it? I don't know - It attracts me that the main character is named Luffy, which I think is a hilarious name, and I heard it was very funny and different and had a humor as good as Trigun - but...

at the same time, when I watch a long series I like it to be serious and have characters I like and think is cool when developed..

I dont know... I sort of want to see the show, but im afraid I would get dissapointed...
Well, i say give it a shot... waht have ya got to loose

While One Piece is very humoruos, the storyline and characters are great... Some moments in the anime can get very dramatic and can be very moving... Some moments i dare say are the most emotional scenes you'll ever see out of a shonen

Just remember, because it starts out slow, One Piece is an anime that you need to give it a little time before you judge it... I'd say that's not really till the Arlong arc (ep 30 or so) does it start getting good... after rouge town and a filler arc, it only goes up from there

My only complaint about One Piece is how Oda never seems willing to kill off a character... character death makes for some great drama, but character revival after supposed death only kills said drama (Like Chouji and Neji in Naruto, or DBZ)... though i do admire how Oda still manages to make a lot of emotional scenes without killing someone off...