View Single Post
Old 2006-10-06, 15:24   Link #51
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
@ Discerptor

You got it to compile on a PPC mac then? How exactly did you get mplayer to include fontconfig? Whenever I try, although it can use freetype for ASS support, it won't compile using fontconfig. Which is a pain. Any suggestions?

-Andiyar
Yes, I compiled it on a January 2005 revision 17" PowerBook G4. I followed the instructions in thr's guide (quoted by nemomac on this page) to the letter, excluding the bit about the now-unnecessary patch (which has been taken out anyway) and the part that says "For Intel Macs only." I also ran the MPlayer configure script as originally noted, since that one-line bit afterwards is just what you would replace the last line of it with if you had an Intel Mac rather than a PPC one.

Now, the first thing you should check is the simplest: in your MPlayer preferences, under "Miscellaneous," make sure you have "-ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig" (without quotes) typed into the "Additional parameters" box. Also, make sure your font on the general page is set to "none." Finally, make sure you press "B" when Mplayer starts up to cycle between subtitle tracks (to have the first subtitle track turned on by default, add " -sid 0" to the "additional parameters" box).

If you did both of those and it's still not working, my best suggestion would be to go through all the steps from the beginning of the guide again in case you omitted one (for instance, I actually already had compiled Mplayer before seeing this guide but had never installed subversion, pkgconfig, or fontconfig. Furthermore, it could be that you're not using the most recent CVS of Mplayer.). Even if you have installed it, it won't hurt to do it again. Also, the other part that vastly affects this is the MPlayer configure script. Be absolutely sure that you type those lines in character for character. Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't really offer anything. Like I said, I followed the instructions word for word and now I can watch my Higurashi, FMA movie, and .Hack//roots the way they're supposed to be (minus the H264 choppiness on the 720p roots episodes >_<).