View Single Post
Old 2004-10-18, 11:58   Link #17
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Quote:
That's one of the reason's I've become disinterested in the Gundam franchise, at this point all they're really doing is rehashing and recycling previous plots and characters.
Actually, as a big Gundam UC fan and as someone who understood the UC timeline from playing Super Robot Wars, I'm more bemused by the recycling part done by the producers. I guess its the rather cheesy ending (at least I found it cheesy, come on, dropping an asteroid on Earth, while the two protagonist of the UC century gets squished to bits...) of Char's Counterattack.

The mental image I got when I first watched Seed and realise the massive similarities between it and the various UC series and later when I heard they were churning out another universe similar to UC was of a final "Athrun's Couterattack" whenever I see Athrun = Char = Quattro and Kira = Amuro (though its not really true anyway).

Too bad there's no direct equivalent to Bright Noah yet.

The only disappointing thing about Seed was that how all the main mechs (the ones piloted by any characters of note) were Gundam designs. The venerable Zaku design is just cannon fodder for it. No one remembers how it eventually evolved to become the Szasabi. Maybe everyone wants a Gundam model and not a Zaku...

I guess that will change in Destiny.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote