View Single Post
Old 2011-04-07, 13:36   Link #1078
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Of course, that's beyond his power, but does he use his power/tech to grant the wishes? I think not.

I mean, QB's tech should not be able to make Homura go back in time, because entropy and time are two sides of the same coin, and since he's tech can not revert entropy, it's only logical it can't revert time either....

Yet, he made Homura goes back in time. So this can only be possible is the wish granting is powered by the wisher's own power (magic). If that's the case, then it wouldn't be entirely impossible for QB to revert Gretchen to a human state if someone actually wished for it. But QB would mislead you, he would tell you that's beyond his power, which is technically true, thereby preventing anyone from making that wish.

I think that's what he intended when he told Madoka reverting MG Sayaka to her normal state was beyond his power. I believe if Madoka wished for it, QB would be able to grant it, but then he would lose Sayaka and Madoka would not become a witch instantly. But if he convinced Madoka that she herself would be able to turn Sayaka into a human if she became a magical girl, then he'd force her to make a contract for nothing, and then use all her magic trying to revert Sayaka on her own, which would cause Madoka to go witch pretty soon....

I expect QB to be that clever!
No...what I mean is, he takes some of their magic to create the wish effect. Then when they fall, the rest is released to be harvested and dumped into the universe. Isn't the magic then lost permanently? Unless he can somehow recover it from its dispersed state. But then why would he if he does not want to? They can't actually force him to do anything....