Thread: Anime Elitists?
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-16, 22:07   Link #17
Alliepie

Send a message via AIM to Alliepie
I'm not against mainstream anime either. Or against commercial releases. I prefer subbed over dubbed.... tho there have been some rare occasions where I've watched the dub before the subbed and I can't get into the subbed one. LOL Or vice versa...

I can't stand Kenshin's voice dubbed.... I tried.. I so did but i had to switch back. On the other hand Cowboy Bebop was dubbed VERY well and I rather enjoy the english version.

My bf used the term elitist -_- Arrogance would be a better word probably, but I just going by what he said.

HAHA Kamui! I always fear that too! Like remember when gundam was popular on cartoon network? I can picture some little kid search it up on the internet and finding the massive yaoi fanbase LOL Maybe seeing some explicit pics in the process. As far as Eva... it kinda bugs me that they aired it. It wouldn't bother me so much if it was aired on like... hbo or cinemax, because they are more adult oriented. It would be cool if a random non anime fan turned on hbo and watched eva and saw the depth of some kinds of anime.