View Single Post
Old 2010-03-19, 13:02   Link #300
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

My thoughts on Strawberry and his hollow powers.

1:

His power is undeniably rigged. His hollow power is cool in the first few fights, but it eventually became a crutch/plot convenience. While he has Shinigami powers, augmented by his healthy physique would've atleast made him a lieutenant, eventually.

However, due to his hollow powers he can now fight with augmented strength via a 'third party', 'third party' being Hichigo. His bankai has lost it's popularity, as he has been forced to use it more times then not, making it stale to me. The last time I liked his bankai was during his Grimmjow fight. Though it was a killjoy Orihime was there with her wallowing in self-pity.

Ichigo has 75 points in strength, Hichigo has 500 in strength. That augments it to 575. This is both a jab of how much stronger his hollow is, and how much he relies on it to win nowadays.

2:

It's skeptical, in my opinion - that his hollow/Orihime/Zangetsu would let him die. Hichigo will die along with him, so he forces Ichigo's body 'beyond the limit'. (A constantly used lifesaver in abttles that would actually KILL him.) Orihime, being the stereotypical mary-sue healer saves Ichigo with... amazing healing powers! Who saw that coming? Zangetsu is his 'other self', his 'spirit in him'. He isn't suppose to intervene, but help him when necessary. Necessary being when he is actually holding back his powers subconsciously or purposefully for varying reasons. (But sometimes he saves him anyways, which is considered unlikely as explained about shinigami's zanpaktou's. Mind you, the excuse is/will be "Ichigo is special".)

Ichigo could probably be even stronger if he took the time to train his bankai without relying on his hollow. He could actually win against enemies without his hollow if he did train his body, and not his hollow's powers instead.

Hichigo must be getting tired of being a crutch, in my opinion. I think Hichigo is awesome, especially his seiyuu's 'evil laughter'. Then again, Johnny Yong Bosch does a good job with Hichigo, too.