View Single Post
Old 2011-01-08, 12:55   Link #19743
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
if you are able to do that i dont doubt that at all^^ but im just too clumsy in that regard... painting just isnt for me!
As Sworra says, practice makes perfect! There are plenty of reasons to paint; It covers up marks that remain after the nubs have been removed, you can make the kit look more detailed and you can paint it any colours of the spectrum! Well, I'm not sure if every colour is available as paint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Practice makes perfect.. I think that most people are affraid that they spend all this money on a MG kit and don't paint it just because they might screw up on it.. Well only one way to find out.. Practice makes perfect...
Yeah, people should have a go with an older HG or FG to try out painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Doesn't hurt to pick up a brush and practice on a 1/144 scale for a bit and then move to a MG or a PG.. the more you practice painting with a brush and possibly a airbrush the better you become and it actually becomes easier later on cause you learned some new skills.
Hand brushing is fun, but hard to master. Spray painting is still fun and pretty easy to master, and airbrushing... I can't answer that because I don't have a proper airbrush, I have an airgun though but it's kind of hard to use because of cleaning and I have to use a propellant can.

I also like making my kits look more realistic as well, with decals, weathering, adding mechanical details! The possibilities are endless!

Also one more thing, it encourages you to buy less gunpla, it can satisfy the thirst for more! Well I guess that's more than I intended to say, but happy gunpla building!
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote