View Single Post
Old 2011-09-30, 23:53   Link #91
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
That would be my guess, assuming he's involved at all. At this point it would almost be amusing if he isn't.

The revival power itself might be what PotC is trying to prevent, as counter-intuitive as that might seem, given Himari's condition (can we agree that being dead is a "condition" in Penguindrum?)

Maybe it's not the power being used by the wrong people that she wants them to stop, it's using the power at all. Consider the Mary allegory: Mary is the shepherd/parent to the lambs, and commits an almost literally Promethean sin, resulting in punishment by the goddess. If that sin was the attack, and the code name of "survival strategy" is relevant -- which it may be given the involvement of Momoka and her curiously disaster-proof diary -- then it's possible that there was someone or something that the parents wanted to save. Maybe the miracle comes with a price. They've all but said that Himari's brief recovery came from sacrificing some of Kanba's life.
i'm inclined to agree--i definitely think the parents wanted a miracle of their own, the question is what.

not to mention i wonder what happend to the parents. i don't think they're dead--fugitives maybe? idk.

and then there's their mother. was she directly involved with the attack?

Quote:
Random...but I've been reading some blogs and I have seen mention of cloning: both in the context of one of the twins being a clone and the reason we saw the father twice in that one scene because the other one was also a clone.
yeah, the dad (and dad look-a-like) looked too eerily similar to just be related. unless they're identical twins?