View Single Post
Old 2009-07-09, 06:42   Link #443
Nevflinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Flight Yagami was soooooooo full of himself. :3
I AM KIRA! I AM JUSTICE! I SHALL BE THE GOD OF A NEW WORLD!! HAHAHAHA AHUHAOWTUHWALUGHJAWEIUGNHWIUGJWAIYK!!!

Quote:
Ryuk ate apples and served as a comic relief.
While those were his most endearing features, Ryuk was really the observer of the whole story: if Death Note had to be told from any one perspective, it would be his. His relationship with Light is also, I find, one of the most significant in the entire story - while they do have what you could call an awkward friendship, as Ryuk is the only person before the end to see the real Light, and does respect his intellect, he considers him ultimately as a toy. The ironic contrast between Ryuk's nature (and that of his realm, for that matter) and Light's desires foreshadow pointlessness and ruin, especially if Light were to succeed. While Light thinks of himself as a god, Ryuk proves that he's just a god's plaything.

Quote:
I would even go as far as to say that they were pseudo complements. Light even said "Mikami's ideals and thoughts are exactly(or close) to my own." It's not like he was even complementing him, more like Light was giving himself yet ANOTHER pat on the back.
Quite true, actually. If I recall, he considered this in an almost threatening tone, didn't he?
God, what a douche.