View Single Post
Old 2009-07-22, 11:29   Link #77
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Still, too bad that so many people have already dismissed these guys as fodder just because they're ugly. These guys ain't no young Supernova rookies..... they're New World veterans. IMO, it's to be expected that they wouldn't be a bunch of generic bishies. Those wacky, outlandish designs are one of the main reasons why I love this series in the first place! I can't wait to see these guys in action....
I couldn't agree more with you on this. A lot of anime/manga fans are only interested in the "pretty boys" or "badasses". I say screw them. As I've said before (which is one of the main reasons why I love One Piece), Oda's designs are eccentric. The diversity in his character designs is absolutely astounding, and because of his creativity we are always treated to something that is new, fresh, and different. It's nice to see someone like you who can also appreciate variety .

I'm loving the designs of the new world captains, and rest assured marvelB, I haven't dismissed them as fodder. I'm pretty sure that they're going to put up one hell of a fight, and I'm looking forward to seeing them kick some ass. They're going to give us a taste of what the level of power is like in the new world.