View Single Post
Old 2011-01-15, 21:16   Link #1407
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Enh...I don't think they were ever a "Proud Warrior Race." They're not 50-foot Klingons, they're cultureless people who only fight because it's what they've always done. Nothing proud or noble about it.
Thats funny, in the original series, Vrlitwhai was completely baffled by the idea of a society where its men & women aren't warriors. He thought this was simply not the way for anyone to live.

And even after the Zentradi were pacified, riots amongst the Zentradi population due to the lack of war caused such an immense problem that non-micloned Zents were eventually banned from Earth's surface.

Likewise, during the incident at Galia 4, the Zentradi who mutinied resorted to their past as a justification for their actions. I need not remind you what was uttered by the rebels, but clearly they were very proud of their past as a warrior-race. Even Klan once mentioned that because she was a Zentradi, she cannot let go of grievances and insisted on her vengeance against the Vajra for the death of Michael.

A warrior culture is still a culture, it might not be a sophisticated culture, it might not be able to produce 'entertainment' as we know it, but it is still a culture & tradition. For the Zentradi, being warriors was their culture & tradition, they certainly did not despise it, and most embrace it all too well.

Sorry Yot, I am not convinced.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote