View Single Post
Old 2011-04-02, 15:13   Link #2
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I love looking up lyrics as well. There are some that are well-written and really speak out to you.

school food punishment, besides from rocking, has a distinctive way of writing lyrics. I don't think I can describe their style of music as anything other than artistic.

I heard that the singer cried when she was writing this song, and I can definitely see why:
Spoiler for percentage:

Kakenukeru is one of my absolute favorite songs from them, as it has this really uplifting feel:
Spoiler for kakenukeru:

Supercell is one of my favorite artists as well. They made all of the classic Vocaloid songs and have gone official with their skills, and their singles really touch the heart. There's a lot of emotion as each song tells a bittersweet story with ryo's masterful compositions and nagi's sweet voice heightening the experience. Sayonara Memories is my favorite because it just feels so real.

Spoiler for Sayonara Memories:

Sakomoto Maaya's Gravity stands out to me because it has nearly perfect English in it and you can feel the sorrow and loneliness of a person on their journey. This song really reflects Wolf's Rain perfectly.
Spoiler for Gravity:

Gumi's Yowamushi Montblanc really stands out to me as a song that tells the story of a girl that's too afraid to move forward. I love DECO*27 and his songs.
Spoiler for Yowamushi Montblanc:

Megurine Luka's Just Be Friends is also a very popular song that details the breaking up of a relationship. I think the video adds a lot to the meaning of this, and it really hits home for those who have experienced the same situation.
Spoiler for Just Be Friends:

Madoka's ending Magia, apart from sounding freaking awesome, has some really powerful lyrics.
Spoiler for Magia: