View Single Post
Old 2011-10-17, 15:24   Link #1890
Sol Falling

Heh. More of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Now you contradicting your favorite character by yourself.

Shirley need Lelouch to be kind to her.
She thought by throwing herself to the battlefield, she could get that kind of love she needed.
Why she said that she will always love him ? To ensure she got a place in his heart.
This is hardly true. The only time when Shirley asked Lelouch to be kind to her was during her weak time just after her father died. Don't tell me I'm contradicting my favourite character in my interpretations, when I've spent hundreds of posts in these forums defending her against much more convincing posters than yourself.

Quote:
This isn't really necessary, I guess.
FYI--- I've seen how Shirley-like girl ended up in real life during my trip with my relatives.
It's not a really good and beautiful experiences like how you imagined Shirley would ended up with Lelouch.
You hardly seem to understand Shirley as a character, so it's not like I have any reason to take your judgement of a "Shirley-like girl" seriously.

Quote:
Kallen did asked Lelouch to be Zero.
But look at her action afterwards. She's trying to take the mask by herself.
Look at her reaction when Lelouch guided the submarine, she really didn't expecting Lelouch to return.
If she's that kind of girl who always clinging to him, she must be try to commit suicide already.

You surely twisted the fact ....
I've already met Kallen-like girl in real life also.
And that kind of girl really didn't matched your description of always looking for hopes as a return for her devotion.
I'm not talking about Kallen being willing to fight on by herself. The point is that she only loves/believes in Lelouch so long as he is providing hope for her. Like you said, Kallen gave up on Lelouch and thought about taking up Zero's mask herself after Lelouch broke down over Nunally rejecting him. She also stepped away from him when Lelouch tricked her into thinking he'd simply used her during the Black Knight's betrayal. And finally Kallen faught against Lelouch during Zero: Requiem. The point is, Kallen only takes hope from Lelouch, and doesn't try to give him any hope in return. The world/Japan's happiness is more important to Kallen than Lelouch's own happiness. She follows Lelouch, but never guides him. Kallen's love for Lelouch is based on Lelouch being a kind and righteous hero. She has almost zero knowledge of Lelouch as a lost, abandoned or suffering teenaged boy.

Quote:
Some message from my friend :

Ask him/her this question:

For what reason, Shirley loves Lelouch ?

Just answer that question without twisting the fact.
That's why I think Shirley is hopeless for her judgement to protect Lelouch.
As she can't decided which is better for herself.

If I need to be soft-- Shirley is just a copy of Fllay Allster with innocent looks.
Live only to ensure main character got enough pain in his life.
If it come into love it's also the same. The only good thing from her is her tragedy.

Don't badmouthing or twisting the value of Kallen's devotion.
She's much more better character compared to C.C and Shirley.
The difference between them is already beyond heaven and earth.

Don't be biased just because she's your favorite character.
The fact that you have to ask this question, or think you have any point in making it, shows just how much you don't understand Shirley. The reason Shirley loves Lelouch is because she believes she can help him. Because she thinks that Lelouch is lonely, or suffering, and because she wants to make him smile. Remember that at first, before the start of the series, Shirley thought Lelouch was stuck up and unlikeable. Then she saw that he actually had a kind heart when he helped out some old folks in an automobile accident. However, even after the old folks had been helped and they were thanking him, Lelouch didn't smile. Shirley's love for Lelouch arise from these same feelings every time. Shirley knows that Lelouch is actually very kind, really smart, and really values his friendships. However, what she sees is Lelouch holding back, not being serious in his studies, and fighting against others. That's why she constantly thought about him, wanted to help him, and fell in love with his true self. Even after she finds out that Lelouch is a terrorist and responsible for her father's death, Shirley is still able to eventually see Lelouch's true self which cares for others and is extremely regretful for the deaths he's caused, and thus forgive him. The reason Shirley fell in love with Lelouch is the very simple factor of the goodness in Lelouch's heart. Because she was the one character who was always willing to see that even when no one else was able to, she was the key to giving Lelouch a place in the world for his very own happiness (and why, when Shirley died, any dream of Lelouch's for returning to Ashford realistically died as well). No one else understood just how truly kind and wishing for good in the world Lelouch was more than Shirley did. No one else firmly decided and stuck through with the decision to never abandon him. Shirley was the one and only character who fully loved Lelouch for Lelouch. That is why, Shirley's love was absolutely one of the most powerful and genuinely moving things about this show.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2011-10-17 at 15:38.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote