View Single Post
Old 2009-10-15, 22:21   Link #182
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Sorry to change the subject too much, but, in comparing Azumanga with LS as I often do, you don't see such impassioned arguments among Azumanga fans. It seems like a lot of LS fans take things a lot more seriously than Azumanga fans, like character importance etc. Would you agree? Or am I just seeing things? Both series aren't at all serious, but Azumanga does often seem more...whimsical.
In all honesty Jay, all it takes is one really loud idiot to start a flamewar like that. It's not the show.

Also, since I was a part of that flamewar, I would like to specify once -again- that there was no ship-war going on. The aforementioned loud idiot was making the lunatic claim that the staff behind the Lucky Star anime were shippers, and that they intentionally reduced Miyuki's screentime because they wanted to promote Konata x Kagami. That argument was asinine, ignorant, and almost insultingly ridiculous to those of us with any interest or knowledge in the entertainment industry. That is why I shot him down. Not because he doesn't like my ship, but because he was under the impression that my ship (and he was dead serious) was responsible for the lack of Miyuki in Lucky Star. Repeat that to yourself. How can that not sound beyond inane?

Of course, "shooting him down" was about as productive as shooting down a lead brick - it's already hit the ground and it ain't goin' nowhere.