View Single Post
Old 2008-02-27, 03:47   Link #49
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

Well I'm playing without any retries, so my characters don't have huge HP totals... and so on Hard 5 Karura is dying in two combo attacks from neutral element enemies (just barely, an extra level depending on the enemies might make enough difference). Anyway, I don't even bother using Karura unless I have to, she's horribly slow and enemies constantly get two turns in to her one. And having her survival required for the battle (which causes the AI to target her instead of just Hakuoro) makes it impossible to use her agressively at all.

In general, I find Oboro far more useful; by the time I get Karura, Oboro already has better attack and tech than her, and his fast turn speed is oh so useful on high difficulties. When it comes to special attacks I just use Alt to auto-combo, it only hurts damage on the normal combo hits, not the special itself.... so that isn't a problem for me with him (more the fact that you need 1600 BP to max his tech, blech). A large part of the reason that battle was killing me was because I didn't have Oboro, Dorii, or Kurou (well Kurou doesn't really become that good for me until the Shikeripecim arc). The whole first half of Hard 5, Dorii accounted for a huge percentage of my damage (Oboro providing most of the rest), with only one upgrade needed for his special.

It seems like it almost must be a bug, but I realized that Touka gets starting stats equal to those she had in the bridge battle... so on Hard 5 she starts with 49 attack, 54 defense, and 76!! magic defense (along with maxed tech of course)... which makes her insanely good. It says 26/26/29 on the selection screen in the first Na Tunk battle, but then they change when you get into battle. Unfortunately she didn't have enough battles yet to be quite able to do everything by herself in the Suwonkas battle. I've noticed Benawi and Kurou have the right stats, but the first selection screen with them shows them with maxed tech (before it adjusts to 2 in battle); also they seem to start with BP from killing your characters in previous battles... so there definitely seems to be some weirdness with how the character data is stored (and modified) when they go from enemies to allies.
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote