View Single Post
Old 2008-02-28, 19:32   Link #58
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

does anyone have any clue what factors in to the time limit on the damn invincible Avu Kamuu battle?

My initial attempts on Hard 3 I scattered all my characters and destroyed all the barriers for BP then ran around as long as I could, and eventually lost. Then I tried just destroying single holes in the ends of the center wall for Oboro to try running in circles around, while the rest of my characters just sat there and futilely attacked.... The AI is too good though and just went both ways to cut Oboro off, but then the battle suddenly ended before they could kill him, way way WAY earlier than my previous attempts. I concluded that attacking the Avu Kamuu shortens the timer (especially considering some of the things that the characters say when they attack).

But now on Hard 5 I'm just stuck... first I combined my earlier strategies and both attacked the Avu Kamuu while also destroying the barriers for BP, but I lost just like my earliest attempts. So I concluded:

1) The timer might be totally random (probably not)
2) Hard 5 has a longer timer and/or you have to attack the Avu Kamuu more
3) Destroying the barriers lengthens the timer

But then I tried destroying minimal barriers, attacking the Avu Kamuu as much as possible while making them waste as much time as possible running back and forth between targets, then running Oboro around as long as I could at the end... and I STILL lost. I also thought maybe you have to make sure you attack each individual Avu Kamuu enough times and tried scattering my attacks between them, and still no good.

The last thing I can try doing is not destroying a single barrier and see what happens. Also maybe the timing of the destruction of the allied barriers might matter... I really don't have a clue.
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote