Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-22, 15:31   Link #1181
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I thought the poem pretty much killed the idea of Chihaya having romantic feelings for Arata. "Looks like love, but isn't" is the aspect that resonated with her. Of course, it may change, and at least she's aware that her behavior makes it look like she's in love with him.
Yeah that was what I was saying with my last paragraph that it is the "romantic" poem that actually still gives me some hope for Taichi.

And like I said earlier it would be interesting if the manga-ka subverts the romantic feelings in those poems for friendship.

Who knows the end pairing could end up being Taichi/Arata . I think their future is becoming like their two teachers, rivals but always friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I disagree that Arata is the goal of the other characters. Taichi's goal was stated very clearly by himself this past episode. It's to be a man who can hold himself in high regards. Chihaya's goal is, well, to be Queen or whatever. And that's not the same as Arata. Being friends with him is something they both desire but that's different from a goal.
No I think Arata is still a goal for Taichi and Chihaya (well maybe Chihaya has the queen too).

Yes I understand Taichi states he doesn't want to run away but i think getting to the point where he can challenge Arata (who Taichi does admire as a Karuta player) is important too. But Taichi wants to win on his own and doesn't want to get a free pass. He wants to keep trying to get there even if he doesn't win right away. He isn't giving up & he doesn't want to run away when things don't immediatly go his way.

As for Chihaya and Taichi wanting to be Arata's friend..well last time I checked they already were. I think that friendship is something separate from their admiration of Arata as a Karuta player.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-02-22 at 15:44.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote