View Single Post
Old 2006-01-12, 15:53   Link #55
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Also I wouldn't like a sequel which reverses the situations of the originals. (like DCSS)
As I mentioned before, you really do need to keep watching that show. The reason other people in this thread are saying they don't want a sequel like that is the complete opposite. There is no reversal of situations and people were hoping there would be - at least, that they would toy with it more.

Really, I can't see people being any more happy with a Shuffle sequel than they were with D.C.S.S., simply because it's hard to follow up on a show that has a resolute romantic ending. You don't want to undo the ending of the first season, but at the same time you can't spend too much time dwelling on foregone conclusions. (If Rin and Asa really do love each other, then it simply becomes the story of how they solidified their commitment, as in D.C.S.S.) So, this is a case of "be careful what you wish for", I think. Unless they deliberately go for "alternate universe" (like Tick! Tack! - well, sort of), or take the main characters out of the picture (like Akane Maniax), I can't see the people in this thread being happy with the sequel. And if we're talking about epilogue episodes, I doubt a second season would be the place for that. So... I don't really have an opinion on whether they should or shouldn't - I just wonder if people know what they're asking for.