View Single Post
Old 2007-06-12, 13:11   Link #1
DarkT
Banned

My Encoding Process Chart, suggestions? Corrections?

I've posted it on doom9 some week ago or so when it was less complete - but that didn't really matter coz' it discusses the possibility of the source not being from the original DVD - so, it got removed .

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/8...sschartqq3.png

Mind you, it's still unfinished, and it doesn't have an audio section, nor has it anything about how to deal with VFR files which are NOT 120fps .avi files - mainly because I didn't work with those - yet .

Another thing - in it you can see that I make 1/2 loseless passes, while some may argue it's a waste of time, I don't quite agree... You could be waiting God knows how much for the Translation scripts, and once you get them, wether your script is light or heavy, you would launch a loseless pass + x.264 passes, or maybe JSUT x.264 passes - whatever it is you'd launch, doesn't matter - it'd takea good deal of time - while with a loseless pass, I already do all the filtering and everything, and the when I get the Translation scripts, I don't need to do the heavy filtering! It's already nicely done and waiting in a loseless file, just waiting to be re-encoded into x.264 + subs - plus, loseless passes are always a nice way to check wether you messed something up or not... Meow... And I sort of like to break my work into many steps - it's easier to troubleshoot problems that way.

So, suggestions? Corrections? Anything? Meow... .

Edit:

Oh, and crap version is what I call the file which TLer/Typesetter gets - I do not filter(to save time) and give those low bitrate(to save space, faster dl).
DarkT is offline   Reply With Quote