View Single Post
Old 2011-01-24, 17:48   Link #8
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Haha. Wow, this is a potential melting pot for awesome creativity. I certainly didn't expect this specific type of thread though. So is this thread like a meeting and development room for potential fanfiction projects?
Or it can be a fanfiction thread with heavy use of original characters. I find that that takes a the thread a lot further.

Also, if people would read everyone else's work and comment on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Good sir, your simpering optimism makes a clear cynic out of me, not that I do not hope for some civilized discussion that leads to actual productivity, but I also was not born yesterday, don't cha know? ...Well, let's see where this goes.
I wonder have you got in mind. The USA rep has already appeared and she has a TON of gear. Knowing you... Demogirl IS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I am not too familiar with the mecha stuff, so I need more info. But I already made one since ep 1 came out

Spoiler for infinite stratos oc:
Probably need a bit more information about the weapons it has. Otherwise, a good start!

Though the character description reminds me of someone I know who was voiced by Chiwa Saito in an anime about suicidal plushies.

That said, how are we going about the personal IS business? From what Rin mentions, there're only 3 personal cores in school, or at least in the year. Or are we going to retcon that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
It's all for kix and kibble broski, no need to whail on imagination just because it isn't intellectually intuitive.

Spoiler for My OC:

I'll have to finish this tomorrow.
CHEESY WEAPONS SPAAAAAAAAAAM

I love the smell of missile exhaust in the morning.

Again, another personal core? But asides from that, well-made!

As a sidenote, I find it hilarious that an IS is banned from being used for war, but all the canon IS we see so far, even the Shirogane, carries enough firepower to start one. Logically, I'd have my IS loaded with all sorts of paintball weapons, rather than incendiary stuff that can level a small building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Well, this may somewhat conflict with the plot, but what the hell?

Spoiler for The Raven Takes Flight:

Though once you ignore how much it rapes canon, it's a pretty good concept... just try and make it a bit more understandable in terms of specs to those of us who only know Armored Core by its title only?

~~~~~~

I'll repeat again, there's a preference for personal IS cores, but so far the IS academy has only 3: Rin, Ichika and Cecilia, as Houki mentions in episode 3. I went around that with an extensively-upgraded mass production IS for my OC, which again is a nod to my motherland's knack for buying old junk and turning them into upgraded obiang monsters. But as we can see, there's still personal cores popping up in the thread.

As the Dragonball rule goes, personal IS cores are implied to be much stronger than MPIS cores. Forcing everyone to use MPIS who provide a power ceiling to our creations and make it more believable. Also reduces the risk of being retconned by canon later.

What shall be our stance on them? Allow and retcon canon, or go back and do it again?