View Single Post
Old 2009-07-16, 23:05   Link #862
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Basic problem with "giving the audiance the finger" theory is that they didn't. Simply put, the previous episodes effect and change Tomoya and this is proven in episode 24 even more so than in 22. If this had been the finger treatment, the previous episodes would do nothing to Tomoya and just be for the audiance to try and get some meaning out of them.

Secondly, this is how the original source material ended, though after a series of going through every game arc, again and again until you managed to get through them all. Then you get to see this ending. By that point in time, the "player" deserves this ended and is meant to feel that Tomoya deserves it as well.

However, if the ending had been just 21...I think it would have felt like a finger to the viewer/player. All that, for nothing...just a dead family...mother, father and child. It wouldn't feel right when you have other mystical things happening around them (a cat that gets turned into a human for a time, a girl that's spirit can go around and carve starfish for her sister's wedding. and a guy that can survive multiple forced head trauma from dictonary impacts and repeated rapid kicks to his person).
What he said Yeah, that's pretty much how things are. People say "why couldn't it have been this way or that way" but fact of the matter is that this anime is based off a visual novel where the true ending belongs to Nagisa and is the canon plot. We don't have control of what the creators want to do, they create something for us and we just have to watch it and judge it. Some people will like it, some will not but the majority loved this series and there are numbers everywhere to prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I just go by Stewie on this.
"Hopefully, they would have enjoyed the ride" Yeah but there is a difference with events that didn't happen and those that did. Everything we saw happened and we got a happy ending to boot So all is well that ends well

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"