View Single Post
Old 2010-02-05, 14:11   Link #3
Nerroth
NePoi!

Which brings me to a point which stands out for me here, compared to other franchises I know.

If one looks at stories from, say, Type-Moon, the kind of details, events and supernatural creatures involved may differ, but the underlying connection to the broader Nasuverse is still present - or rather, it's present in terms of going into a story and expecting the unexpected, as it were.

To put it another way, Fate/Stay Night is a very different story to Tsukihime, but if someone told you they are in the same broader setting, it wouldn't be that hard to imagine it so.

In this case, however, neither Kiminozo nor Akane Maniax - nor, indeed, Muv-Luv Extra - give much in the way of clues as to what other timelines are out there... or that these are all somehow connected.

(Of course, that was part of the point - you weren't supposed to know until they suckered you with it. At this point, however, I think it's safe to say the cat is well and truly out of the bag.)

If you went into one game/anime/manga/etc expecting a certain kind of story, seeing things go in such a direction might seem more jarring to some.

I don't mind it, personally, as you might have guessed, but I can understand if others did.