View Single Post
Old 2009-03-18, 23:08   Link #106
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post
@Ryuou:

Ahhh....I see...let me rephrase then what my "synopsis" was that I said something like couldn't be found anywhere.

I am still just a basic translator, meaning I can't translate without the use of ways to identify the meaning of most kanji, and double grammer points here and there. Because of this, it would take me alot longer than one day to read the novels I put out the synopsis for . So what I do, is I'll go to the JP Wikipedia, Amazon.co.jp, and the Publisher's site, and read the synopsis/reviews there, and choose the one I think seems to express the most about the story, and make that the one I use to translate with.

I don't actually read the novel first, then write my own synopsis. That would take me forever at my current Japanese skill level, lol ^_^. So I just get around 1 novel/synopsis per day chosen, and translate that.

I hope that helps clear up any misconceptions of my site ^_^
Haha, yes and no. Now I understand your method but I'm still confused about your poll. Why are we voting for titles that already have a synopsis that I assume you did? Shouldn't we be voting for titles you haven't touched yet?
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote