View Single Post
Old 2010-12-31, 10:24   Link #76
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If an English dub is available for an anime that I intend to watch, I'll usually give it a try. If one is not available, I'm quite content to watch a sub.

However, dubs have one intrinsic advantage over subs that makes a *good* dub (emphasis on good) a more enjoyable watch to me than almost any sub. And that advantage is that with a dub, your eyes can focus strictly on the action on-screen, and aren't divided in their attention between watching a scene on-fold and reading text on-screen.
That advantage is what I've never understood. I personally don't see a problem at all, and actually I don't find myself looking at the subs at all. It's not like you don't see the subs at all if you look above them to the actual action that is going on, so I guess I'm reading them anyway .. or something. Well, I can't really explain it but .. yeah.

Alternatively I find it hard to believe that most people who prefer dubs over subs because of what you described above are so slow readers that they can't pay attention to action at all if they have their eyes fixed on the subs.

And thus for my opinion : I despise dubs. Doesn't matter if they are '' good '' or not ( There are no good dubs for my ears ), I want to listen to stuff in their original language like someone here wrote. The only exception would be Tales of Vesperia (X360/PS3 game) dub which was very good. I would still play it in it's original audio though if it was available.

Ps : Triple_R ... How is Aya Hirano's voice truly exceptional to you ? She's one of the few who's voice I hate too much to even describe. She sounds identical no matter what her role is, and ugh that high pitched voice kills my ears.