View Single Post
Old 2011-07-01, 00:25   Link #102
Hopeful Death

What? No it wasn't. The only world lines established in the game were alpha and beta, alpha being the SERN dystopia line and beta being the WW3 line. You spend the majority of the game on the alpha line without changing it. The minor .07% divergence with the d-mails aren't changing world lines. Suzuha states that divergence needs to reach at least 1% to change world lines.

Though I guess it's true that in Faris's dad's case, the 'cause' really was just as simple as 'which form of transportation he took'. And the reason why changing world lines saves Mayuri has nothing to do with jumping world lines itself, but just the fact that their 'cause' all happens to be "SERN creates a Dystopia"(or perhaps more directly, because SERN caught wind of them. Perhaps you could say that SERN catching wind of them=
SERN creating a dystopia) and that jumping world lines is the only way to stop that, so by proxy, jumping world lines is the only way to save Mayuri(and Moeko etc.)

Though it's kind of weird that everyone else's 'cause' is tied to the SERN dystopia thing and he's not. Especially since they go out of their way to state that he was the only casualty of his accidenty Just seemed to me like they were trying to imply that there was supposed to be something more to that, but I guess not. I mean, it WAS like 8 years ago before SERN caught notice of the group, even if he did own the IBN5100. Not to mention he wasn't nearly as connected to everyone else to begin with.

Makes sense, after thinking about it. World lines and deaths are technically unrelated, but most of the deaths that oocur in the game are related to SERN which would incidentally require a world line jump. That put me under the illusion that preventing death=you must jump world lines, which is obviously wrong and stupid of me!

Ok, in place of that, how about another question. How come at the end of Luca's route, they can just continue living their life happily without having to worry about SERN, without taking any further measures to stop them? Well I know I should be forgiving since it's just a little optional route ending, but that's kind of weird. Every other route at least provided an explanation.

Last edited by Hopeful Death; 2011-07-01 at 01:05.
Hopeful Death is offline   Reply With Quote