View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 16:25   Link #115
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
To be fair, Nagato tried to destroy the world simply because his dog died...oh, and Yahiko. So, it's not like we haven't seen this exact same storyline already in this series. Honestly, since the storyline is already so weak, now we know for sure that Talk no Jutsu will work.
Nagato has a lot to his background that set him up for going berserk; a lot of evil can be harvested when one is a war orphan, has seen their homeland torn apart by a dictatorship, has had their life threatened by said dictator, and gets his best friend killed through the same token...Granted, it took Yahiko's death before Nagato finally snapped, and Nagato could have very easily turned down a messiah-Naruto path had his intentions been for good instead of filled with darkness, but still, his story can be understood from the reader's perspective, at least...

Now I wouldn't say that I too won't rage against the heavens (Though maybe not on an evil earth-destroying level) if the love of my life was killed, especially under the care of someone who I would presume was trustful enough...Buuuut between Obito "dying" and taking up the Tobi/Madara personas? Uhhhh, there's a lot left unexplained that really needs to be explained to fill that gap, and a dead girl just isn't big enough of a motive to go from Obito being a nobody (Nobodito?) to Obito: The Savage Who Ended the World...Saying that Rin's death is moot by this point hints that there's more to it than what's at face value since her death was just the beginning, but as it stands right now, I'm no more sold on Obito's ideology than than I was for Tobito's identity...Even Sasuke had Itachi to build up the tragedy in that story that was already discernible from the beginning (Before shifting direction), and even then, only one village ended up being a target that may not even be quite absolute...This just seems anticlimatic to me...

But now that we have finally confirmed the Tobito mystery (Yawn...), and one particular motive for his end-of-world justification (Zzzz....), everything about when Tobito pranced around in the Madara persona, the things he did to people and the things he said to people, is just infuriating...I would be a lot less constipated, maybe even relieved of stress from thinking about this too deep, if I could convinced, or proven better-yet, that Madara is really just brainwashing Tobito to do his bidding...And yes, I am calling Obito "Tobito", since he just doesn't seem like an "Obito" but his Tobi persona is very convenient as a tool for Madara's gambit, as if to keep a sense of "identity" while ultimately being a weapon to be used...

...so thus, I need to calm down and stop getting so worked up about the ambiguities regarding Tobito...Especially glaring since Rin apparently got killed by death, the most open-ended way to die...I'll stick around and let the answers work themselves out then...

I was worried that the Naruto/Kakashi/Gai/Bee vs. Tobito thing would get cut short and just jump straight back to the Madara vs. 5 Kage fight, among other options, but I'm still interested now that Madara's back in the story...How the hell he got away from the 5 Kage, who knows (As in: Was it a curb-stomp battle, or did he simply have the power to just walk away?), but ultimately, with Madara as my perceived as THE big bad, hopefully he can shed some insight into the Tobito mystery...Better yet, let's hear Madara's motives from the mastermind himself! Unless Kishi just decides to throw a quick double-Uchihax battle at us; And even then, I wouldn't mind that...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote