View Single Post
Old 2009-09-10, 22:53   Link #31
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
ur love for horo blinds u^^. this time its clearly horo who is responsible for the trouble that will most likely follow, poor lawrence.
There is something fundamentally wrong with civilly discussing a business venture that involves pawning your partner off for funds. Doing this with someone who's existence is a deception, with enough risk and external factors to make anyone with an ounce of foresight cringe... what the hell? Even if everything works out beautifully, and Lawrence gets his cut without any snags (yeah, that will happen...) YOU STILL FUCKING SOLD YOUR PARTNER. What are you going to do? Go buy her back and say "man! you sure come in handy when other merchants are in a pinch! I should remember that for next time!" How the hell are you going to look at them again!?

God whats worse than the immediate threat of Horo being carted off to nowhere, is the fact that she just got firmly labeled: CARGO. It's a giant kick in the balls to their previous relationship, and certainly to the first 6 episodes of this season where he was supposed to be learning NOT to do that.

Please tell me someone else is experiencing their entire being screaming in opposition of this...

There is absolutely no reason for Lawrence to be involved in this what so ever. Other than I R MERCHANT SO I MAKE MONEY!, which apparently is the reason they're going with. He already has a large sum of money stored from Amati (mainly thanks to Horo), he has the books he needed so he does not need Abe to get to Rigolo... worst case scenario he can't sell his load of furs in the town. And this is all Abe's god damn problem to start with! Lawrence already has a goal here, it's getting Horo home... read the books, get the info, get moving.

If someone walks up to you and says "There might be some gold under that land mine! Just hit it with this hammer and you can get it!" If you are stupid enough to do it, you are probably stupid enough to be surprised when it blows up in your face. And then you find out there's no gold. Well see Lawrence just took the hammer...

Last edited by AKnightWhoSaysNi!; 2009-09-10 at 22:58. Reason: more rage formed into words...