View Single Post
Old 2013-03-26, 04:43   Link #9311
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I thought it was not canon so shouldn't be taken seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I thought so too, but it looks like the mangaka just made it canon so looks like that's where we are going. unless that was a jab at the anime writers for going ahead of him but it was pretty funny how Nagi just spoiled everyone who didn't watch the anime
I can't cite where Hata-sensei stated this, but I was told sometime back that he publicly stated that the CTMEOY anime was canon. I had suspected that, based on how the story was told, but this chapter puts that in stone. It also establishes Heaven is a Place on Earth movie as canon, which is cool since...
Spoiler for "for the movie:

Basically, it appears that Hata-sensei decided to use the anime format to tell stories that he couldn't work into the manga for whatever reasons (which in the case of these two animes, would be because they are side stories and don't push the main plot forward at all).

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote