Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-31, 22:34   Link #1680
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
You know, at first I thought that a few things didn't add up (with regards to both Sukoya and Akado), especially when it came to their match "ten years ago".

As we know, Sukoya is rather sensitive about her age (especially in Biyori and Otona no Maki), which I assume is around her early-to-mid thirties. However, if we deduct ten years from that, wouldn't that put her around her early twenties instead? That's way too old to have competed in the High School Interhigh (and if anything, she should have been competing either in the Collegiate level or semi-professionally at that point), for both Sukoya and Harue.

Then I remembered that "ten years ago" was back when Nodoka and the Achiga girls were in elementary (with Kuro being the only middle-schooler in the Children's Mahjong club). When you add in the years since that time (at least five years), then things start to make sense again.

That said... This pretty much kills the theory that Sukoya and Harue played against Fujita and Uta, as the latter two have recently been revealed to be (currently) 24 years old, meaning that they wouldn't even be in High School during the former two's time (three if we count Akasaka from Himematsu).