View Single Post
Old 2013-11-20, 06:16   Link #8
Kadi
知識の探求者

Realistic game, huh... 2 things:

1) To reach level 100, you'd have to kill 5*100=500 monsters at Level+1. That's nothing. (There's the aspect of game pace, anyway. The 12 minute duel for just some dodging was ridiculously long. If the 5 monsters at level+1 are supposed to take you a long time to fight... SLOOOOOW. Better reconsider the whole thing. Then again, this is a weakness of many, many stories about RPGs... still, fix it.)

2) To sell, a game needs a way to lure players. Something that makes it special.
So far you have the generic classes and generic advanced classes. Boring nowadays, not to mention in the future.
Everyone seems to get the same skills, at the same levels. Maybe some minor difference due to attribute requirements? The difference I felt that makes is just that, minor. In the end, boring.
PvP is strictly limited to Arena battles, thus the very most basic. Boring.
Monthly events? Now, events are a good start, but the event quest seems to be the same every month? Not good.
Then there's the "Don't play with your friends" level-based partying limitation. This is truly disastrous. At least make it a sidekick system where the higher-leveled player gets temporarily limited to a reasonable power-level when playing with lower-level players.

To compare:
SAO has no classes, but Sword Skills. Everyone is a swordsman/woman. That's their way of drawing in players. (Their attribute system was horrible though)
ALO had flying, potentially limitless.
GGO drew all the gun maniacs, war gamers and shooting nuts with its focus, I think. I dropped the series~~
Half Prince... had a game system that changed itself to suit the players wants and needs, I think? If you knew what you wanted clearly enough, you could learn it ingame...
Moonlight Sculptor's MMO had the tons upon tons of classes, the right one for everyone, plus the idea of becoming emperor, or at least some lord. Plus the skill system. Plus "second life" aspects. Plus "50% more real"?
To add some real games to the mix, Aion had flying, Guild Wars 2 had Dynamic Events and no more Tank/Healer/Damagedealer, WoW had "it's Warcraft" at first and "it's the biggest" later.
Your game currently has big minuses and nothing in return. "The first" doesn't cut it, soon another will pop up. The "peaceful adventuring" which you do offer may or may not attract the "Hello Kitty Online" crowd, though. Hmm...

And then there's the fact that you cannot customize your appearance. Remove that. Just do it. It won't work. Ever. No matter how good the game, if I cannot customize my appearance, if I had to run around with my RL face, I wouldn't play it. Ever. Neither would most others. In the first place, the point of RPGs is that you can be someone else. Someone else with the same old mug in the mirror? NAHHH.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote