View Single Post
Old 2011-01-20, 16:20   Link #206
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Now a plot hole means that the series has ended and you never got an explanation. Otherwise it's an unanswered question. It's designed to make you want to know. I can't fathom why anyone expects Kubo to tell you everything in a chapter. It's called "suspense". He explains when there is a "big" reveal otherwise it's all hints. He always explains be it now or later and it always tie together quite nicely. This is my belief and it will not change until I see fail
No, a series does not have to end for there to be a plothole as you can note that the element is inconsistent.

The story suffers from a number of issues, mostly due to a serious lack of planning ahead
Kubo himself has admited that he does not plan out the story well beforehand; he once said something to the effect of not thinking Aizen was gonna be the mastermind behind the whole Soul Society plot until after he killed him. This can lead to signs of Retcon as he has to decide

For instance, what was the whole point behind the espada? After everything we saw, WonderWeiss to take care of Yamaji was the ONLY minion Aizen needed. the rest were just wasting our time. Aizen proved that he could effortlessly take down every other captain without even tapping into the true potential of his Sword (which is far more enormous than he ever showed)... And this was all without using his little MacGuffin to turn him into a god; Seriously all he had to do was wait like one more week and he could have destroyed all of SS single handedly. Hell We are even told the real point to kidnapping orihime was to lure his enemies into HM and trap them, but when it comes down to it he never actually NEEDED to do that seeing as he could have destroyed all of them just as easily as he did the rest of SS. In the end, the fights and everything have to do with the espada was pretty much Aizen wasting our time. Hell i think the true embodiment of this idea is Yammy being defeated off screen; the most powerful espada and we don't even get to see his fight; I can't help but think that's Kubo being honest to us and saying that he just wants to get this all over with and move on...

I have also found the use of Minor characters to be pretty terrible... amognst shounen, it's like third behind Naruto and DBZ into poorly used secondary characters. Honestly just because they aren't the main character doesn't mean they can't receive their share of the spotlight and be treated well. A lot of other manga and anime treat their secondary cast with much better tratment

there is more but i have ranted about these things many times before

Quote:
About powers I have never seen anyone's powers fluctuate but Ichigo's. Now if you give me an example maybe I might have a clue--Please do not. I want to discuss the damn chapter
I have ranted about it many times, but there is a great amount of inconsistancy amonsgt the SS captains, the Espada, and The vizards...
The short version is that given what we knew the SS captains should never stood a chance and should have gotten swatted away like flies... much less being able to defeat someone like stark with just a shikai. the Vizads really should have been the only ones able to match the espada, but unlike ichigo, they did not seem to get nearly the level of power boost that Ichigo got. They were essnetially not much more power than the SS captains

Last edited by Slayerx; 2011-01-20 at 16:38.