View Single Post
Old 2007-10-03, 17:59   Link #82
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Indeed I used to take this series seriously because it showed some potential in the earlier and middle episodes but somewhere around episode 8 I couldn't take it seriously anymore. If I don't look at it as a serious romance drama show, there is nothing more to it that is worth watching. The characters are not likable, the plot is forced and illogical and there was almost no comedy at all. You say it is a parody, but parodies are supposed to be funny. Maybe some people found it funny, simply because of how ridiculous it was at times, but this is not the kind of humor I was talking about.
A parody does not necessarily mean something that ends up being comedy or "fun" you know. In this case the parody cause by this series can also be called a "piss take" for other harem series out there. However, even so i do not think that this series is as badly thought out as you or others think.

Logic is quite a weird word to use to describe this series. On one hand you could say that there is absolutely no logic for the character to have did what they did (ie sekai offering makoto that "special" sex training or even why everyone likes makoto in the first place) - but on the other hand i see that this is just as being the case. In real life there isnt always times (when it comes to relationships) where logic plays a big part. I have seen plenty of girls dating guys who are clearly mistreating them yet they continue to swarm over them like bees over honey (maybe they like a rough relationship ).

This series is based more of realism just like KGNE and while parts may have been exaggerated to the extreme parts of relationships (4 some playboy makoto anyone?) i dont see this as being impossible - well maybe not a 4 some but for guys to be sleeping around (girls as well but here people like that usually stick together anyway ).

forced plot? how is it forced? i thought it went quite smoothly :P (for makoto anyway).
Quote:
Also, you mention those "happily ever after" endings of harem shows. I do not think any of those endings is in the "everybody lived happily ever after" category. Usually the characters have changed and matured and there is always someone who does not end up happy.
Yep but ofc the "dump girls" are left to lick their wounds but on the whole most harem series are either open ended or conclusive to the point where the surrounding girls accept the current relationship with the lead male and chosen girl. what i am trying to say here is that on the whole most harem series that do conclude have girls who are satisfied with the relationship and of the leads will be happy.

Indecisive and dumb ass characters are plentiful and they do usually mature though i still dislike the "crimes" they commit before they get to that later stage where they realize where their feelings lie. I generally just think that male leads like that should be taught a lesson before they are allowed to love anyone (oh just look at poor kaede who had a mental breakdown but does rin give a fck? )
Quote:
Also, I'm probably misunderstanding you but I hope you are not suggesting that all male leads deserve Makoto's fate. It's true that most(not all) harem male leads are weak and indecisive throughout the show, but in the end they usually grow up and redeem themselves in a way. I never thought any other harem show had an inconsistent ending - having the guy remain a weak-willed jerk until the end and ending up with no one(like I think you are suggesting) would ruin the purpose of the show. For me this purpose is to show the character make mistakes and learn from them and become a better man in the end.

Spoiler:
Nope never, makoto is an exception for the "ZOMG YOU MUST DIE NOW RULE!" due to his attitude of *insert insult here*

he has never matured and never will but death is an easy way out for him

I too never wish for a guy to never end up with anyone but what i am saying here is that guys who do wrong should be punished or at least apologize to the girls that they have hurt. Too many times where i see a guy never giving a "sorry" to anyone and continue with their love interest. while the girls might not mind i just feel that it is unfair that they had to go through all those emotional traumas cause by the guy's indecisiveness (which is usually the case) without receiving a "sorry" or something along those lines. It is also common for male characters to not tell the other girls straight out that the "love X character".

takayuki is a man for facing haruka and i respect him for that

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote