View Single Post
Old 2004-03-30, 00:26   Link #15
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Cosplaying is just another fun activity in the various anime fandoms. At least, it's the quickest way to get to know other anime fans in Singapore, since the anime clubs emphasize the annual cosplay events a great deal.

Having said that, it does take courage and dedication, no matter how bad you think it is. Even Man-Faye and his "predecessor" Sailor Bubba deserve some respect, since they surely know of their reputation by now. And yet, by all accounts, they're still around, and/or have spawned various imitators.

On the more normal end of the scale, it's simply a matter of being able to act like your character, and follow through with the cosplay, despite the stares and whispers. I do have that respect for the cosplayers, regardless of the quality.

As for myself, I'd cosplay as either Kimura-sensei from Azumanga Daioh, or the skinny otaku from Comic Party. Because it's not a great leap from how I normally look and act.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote