View Single Post
Old 2011-02-11, 18:30   Link #87
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Just reminding you that teleport is still a possibility.
Don't worry, I have my own beliefs but I keep myself open to all the other possibilities as long as they are not straight down ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
It seems to be speed because she was out of breath when she got back after chasing the truck. That is a sign of physical activity and Homura doesn't seem to be the type to waste her magic to help someone being the loner she is.

She wouldn't need to run if she can simply teleport. Just because hair doesn't flutter does not rule out speed. All the laws of physics can't fully be explained.

It seems more like a quick step movement, like being able to quickly move for a short distance but not for an extended period of time.
How do you explain the fact that you see her vanish and reappear after each few seconds? Actually you just added more fuel to my opinion that Homura manipulates time. Homura was exhausted, yes. Because she ran after the vehicle while stopping time periodically. Time manipulation on, off, on, off, on, off. She can't keep it constant or that would be overpowered, that would explain the fact that we only see her in one place, and then another.

My personal breakdown:

Homura's abilities (exclude her shield and the bow we haven't yet seen)

Speed: 2/8
- explains why she couldn't get out of Mami's bind (episode 1)
- explains that she moved while water drops fell, like Sayaka did (episode 5)
- doesn't explain why she vanishes and reappears from places (episode 3, 5, 6)
- doesn't explain the way she evaded Charlotte's munch attacks (episode 3)
- doesn't explain the time bombs (episode 3)
- doesn't explain why her hair doesn't move upon reappearing (episode 3, 6)
- doesn't explain the way Sayaka was saved (episode 5, 6)
- has weak connection to a hinted time-related wish (Sayaka wish = heal bonus power | Homura predetermined knowledge => Homura wish = time bonus power)

Teleportation: 4/8
- doesn't explain why she couldn't get out of Mami's bind
- doesn't explain that she moved while water drops fell
- explains why she vanishes and reappears from places (Kiddy Girl-and's Ascour)
- explains the way she evaded Charlotte's munch attacks
- doesn't explain the time bombs
- explains why her hair doesn't move upon reappearing
- explains the way Sayaka was saved
- has a considerable connection to a hinted time-related wish

Time manipulation: 8/8
- explains why she couldn't get out of Mami's bind
- explains that she moved while water drops fell
- explains why she vanishes and reappears from places
- explains the way she evaded Charlotte's munch attacks
- explains the time bombs
- explains why her hair doesn't move upon reappearing (Law of Ueki's Marylin)
- explains the way Sayaka was saved
- has a connection to a hinted time-related wish

Notes:
The way she evaded Charlotte's attacks: She jumped or teleported to the different platforms. If we assume her ability is speed, then she wouldn't have been able to switch platforms this fast because she did not use magic to fly (which seems like she did in episode 1 but let's put that aside), thus her mobility and vanish+reappear in mid-air is not explained at all.
The way Sayaka was saved: Speed doesn't work here because Sayaka would have actively noticed she was being moved to a safe spot. Maybe we would have even seen Sayaka being transported vaguely, but we didn't. The scene totally skipped to another view which didn't make sense if it was just speed.

Last edited by Seihai; 2011-02-11 at 19:17.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote