View Single Post
Old 2011-10-28, 14:26   Link #54
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post
Maybe Ikuni is so stingy that he didn't bother to hired any random female VA to do child Kanba Or he just "fascinated" with Subaru Kimura voice that happens to voice Gian in new Doraemon anime.
They did the same thing with Tabuki's flashbacks, so I'm going with "cheap".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
How historical are the Tokyo Metro attack references in the story. They don't really feel that way any longer. The "Survival Strategy" and 'setting the world back on track' ideas are extremely reminiscent of Aum Shinrikyo's evangelical message and teachings. But the penguins and all of Sanetoshi's individual personality make this story its own unique entity. The similarities are more like simple parallels than direct references.
The episode where we saw the attacks, there were references to explosions on the subway, we saw smoke rising through the city, and no one found it suspicious that Momoka's body was never found, none of which matches what I now of the historical attack. I wonder if in this world "Survival Strategy" was the name of the group responsible instead of Aum Shinrikyo.

Hmm, I just went back and rewatched the attack scene, and I notice the last thing Kenzan says is, "Now the world will be put at peace." A connection to Sanetoshi's desire to take back the world and the reference to war in the OP?