View Single Post
Old 2011-11-28, 08:16   Link #151
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post

Yes, that's likely part of the reason why he was so pissed at Saber. Not only did she ruin his very effective strategy, she did it when the entire reason Kiritsugu used said strategy was to free her curse, which she got on her own through her own incompetence. He sacrificed a portion of his freaking ribs to get her arm back to normal, and she repays him by betraying his trust and trusting an enemy Servant with his life instead? Kiritsugu really must be cursing himself for not having gotten a Servant like Assassin instead.
Wow you actually make a very interesting point here. It seems like in Fate Zero Saber is the more naive one out of the two and bringing the team down while in FSN the roles are reversed with Shirou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Eh, Kayneth didn't feel any pain (if it wasn't obvious, his nervous system was numbed). Secondly, yes what Sola did was awful, but she doesn't love him. Period. She's bargained as a tool to marry him like Sakura was fed to the Matous. She doesn't really have a choice about it and they are in the middle of a bloody war. They aren't in a joyride.

He's not her husband yet, they are engaged. Not by her choice, either.

Many seem to forget that Sola healed his internal organs.
I don't think any of what you said justifies Sola's actions...AT ALL. You're marrying a man you don't like, but that man (although have a lot of character flaws) is more than decent to you. NOT ONLY do you take a shit on his respect and love to you, you also threaten his life and physically hurt him (right he didn't feel it so it's okay to break his fingers, let's try that on some paralyzed man and see how he feels). No body is asking Sola to return the love, but no body is expecting her to bleed him dry just so that she can have A-Class Lancing done to her.
I agree than a man or a woman stuck in a marriage with someone that they do not love is definitely more than just bitter suffering. However you never have to resort to torture (both psychological and physical) to your partner, especially when said partner actually loves you. Sure go cheat on him, go get a divorce if you can, get things cleared out with him...be his friend, what ever.
Also she healed him for her own agenda, not because she wanted to. Well sure she didn't kill Kayneth but that in no way makes her a better person.

This isn't in any way sexist. I am criticizing Sola as a human being, not as a woman. She just happens to be a woman being a bitch to her husband. I can certainly criticize Caster for being a horrible gentleman caller...who on earth blow up kids instead of getting some flowers and a ring?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote